GDAX currently lists the following digital currencies for trading:
- bitcoin (BTC)
- etherereum (ETH)
- litecoin (LTC)
Each currency requires a different amount of time for a transaction to be finalized. These times are outlined below in 'Wait times for digital currency transactions
Deposit digital currency
You can fund your GDAX account by sending digital currency from another exchange or wallet provider.
- Go to gdax.com/trade
- Choose a trading pair with the currency you wish to deposit from the "select product" menu.
- If you want to deposit ETH, select ETH/USD or ETH/BTC.
- Select the Deposit button at the top left.
- Select the "BTC address", "ETH address", "LTC address" tab.
- Copy the account address shown.
- This address will be permanently associated with your GDAX account. Any digital currency sent to this address will be added to your balance.
- Open the external wallet you would like to deposit from, and send to the GDAX account address provided.
Withdrawing digital currency
In order to withdraw a digital currency to another exchange or wallet, you'll need to obtain a destination address from that service. Then use the following steps to complete the withdrawal:
- Go to gdax.com/trade
- Choose a trading pair with the currency you wish to withdraw from under the "select product" menu.
- (If you want to withdraw ETH, select ETH/USD or ETH/BTC).
- Select the Withdraw button at the top left.
- Select the "BTC address", "ETH address", or "LTC address" tab.
- Enter the address for the external service, and the amount you wish to withdraw from your GDAX trading account.
Each digital currency, has its own average time interval between confirmations, and requires a certain number of confirmations before it is credited to your account balance:
- BTC: 3 confirmations (30 minutes on average)
- ETH: 50 confirmations (12 minutes on average)
- LTC: 6 confirmations (30 minutes on average)
Withdrawal transactions will be generated instantly, and the value withdrawn from your account.
There are occasional delays with both deposit and withdrawal transactions. If you believe that your transactions are taking too long, please contact us and provide as much of the following transaction information as possible:
- Transaction hash
- Sending address
- Receiving address
Viewing your deposit and withdrawal history
All your deposits and withdrawals (both pending and historical) can be viewed on your "accounts
" page. Select the currency from the left hand side, then go to the "Transfers" tab found at the top right hand side.
Contract generated transactions
Please do not deposit ETH to GDAX from an Ethereum contract. Supporting this deposit type presents unique technical challenges.